A good call to action has a lot more to it than a button saying, “buy now”. A lot of thought goes into placement, size, color, headlines, and more. You have to have a good understanding of your audience’s why, your own why, and how they mesh.
- Sizing – It’s important to ensure that you pick the right size for your call to action. You don’t want it too small so that it doesn’t show up to your audience, but you don’t want it to look too big either. You need to ensure that the sizing is right based on the other things on your website.
- Image Quality – It’s imperative that the authenticity of the images you use show through to your audience. This happens by understanding your brand and your voice as a business and choosing the right type of images to represent that to your audience.
- An Effective Headline – Your call to action should include an effective headline that tells your audience what to do. For example, buy now, download now, sign up now, and so forth are all action verbs that won’t confuse your audience as to what they’re clicking on and what they’re agreeing to do.
- Color – You also want to make sure that you use the right colors for your site so that the call to action stands out. Look at it and ask yourself whether it stands out or clashes? Does it look professional and command attention?
- Form – You can create your call to action in many forms. For example, should you use a button or another type of image? Should you put a sign-up form under each blog post? What about a CTA to connect on social media? These are all forms of CTAs that get good results.
- Text – When you create a CTA, should you put text on the button that gets attention? Should you give an example to your audience on what to write inside the boxes they need to fill out to sign up for something? It depends on your audience, but these actions have been proven to improve conversions.
- Understand Why – One of the biggest things you need to know when you create your call to action is why you’re creating it. What do you want your audience to do and why? When you can understand why in terms that your audience understands and relates to, you’ll be able to get higher conversions on all of your CTAs.
- Placement – The other thing you must know about CTAs is where you should place them. Placing them in multiple places is usually the best answer to make sure that you give your audience every opportunity to decide to answer it.
How to Write an Effective Call to Action
Crafting a good call to action takes some thought and consideration to ensure it works. You’ll need to place and test them to make them better; using A/B testing on the different types of CTAs that you can have and where you place them will ensure you are getting the results you desire.
Smart Sales Videos – 9 Steps to Create High Converting Video Sales Letters
|Elite Video Series Reveals Top Trade Secrets That Gurus Use To Create Powerful, Smart Video Sales Letters That Convert Like Crazy! Let’s face it. If you’re not using videos in your online marketing then you’re seriously missing out on a lot of sales, leads and even free traffic. Video sales letters often convert several times better than standard sales letters, even if you use the same basic sales copy and techniques!|